Key findings of this study include:
- Sales of hardware, software, installation and integration services, and support for all commercial display applications totaled nearly $1.7 billion in 2004.
- For networked display systems in retail and public spaces, network operation / management services and advertising revenues generated an additional $413 million.
- This industry is expected to demonstrate a CAGR in excess of 25% over the next five years.
- The list of industry vendors continues to change as companies leave and enter the industry, but is increasingly becoming segmented into a few leaders and a larger number of companies still working to create traction and critical mass.
- Over the next five years, cost-effective LCDs will be the most popular technology for digital signage applications because of their longevity, reliability, low power consumption, and attractive price point.
Please contact Webpavement if you are interested in this study.